Friday, May 16, 2008

From Captive...To convert...


In September 2001, Yvonne Ridley, a Sunday Express Reporter was captured by a Taliban while crossing across Afghanistan-Pakistan border.


She was interrogated for 10 days before being released. Once she was back home, she read the Quran in an attempt to understand her experience.


Yvonne Ridley said, "I was absolutely blown away by what I was reading - not one dot or squiggle had been changed in 1,400 years,”


Nobody has forced her to become a Muslim; she converted only after studying about Islam. “It wasn’t until I was freed that I became interested in Islam”


When asked about the Taliban, she replied, “I couldn’t support what they did or believe in, but they were demonised beyond recognition, because you can’t drop bomb on nice people”


What does she thinks about becoming a Muslim?"I have joined what I consider to be the biggest and best family in the world. When we stick together we are absolutely invincible."

BBC News, September 2004.
MeoW!

(Click to enlarge)

Yvonne Ridley explains why she converted to Islam

No comments: